Posts for: April, 2019
You may be under the impression that if everything seems to be fine that you probably don’t need to visit a doctor, right? While this might make sense in theory, following this line of thinking could actually be quite detrimental to your health! After all, turning to our Missouri City, TX, family physicians, Dr. Deirdre McMullen, Dr. Tiyashi Choudhury, and Dr. Hilary Spears, for regular wellness exams can mean the difference between maintaining great health for the long-term and facing a chronic or serious health condition in the near future!
More about Wellness Exams
Here at Rocky Creek Family Medicine, we help you maintain great health through meeting with you for regular Wellness Exams. Some of the benefits of visiting our Missouri City office for a checkup include:
- Reducing your chances of getting sick
- Learning proper preventive measures that you can take to keep yourself healthy
- Detecting potentially serious and chronic health problems early on
- Improving your overall health and increase your longevity
- Reducing healthcare costs and the chances of needing more expensive medical procedures
- Keeping you up to date on new medical treatments and ways to keep yourself healthy
- Maintaining a strong, lasting relationship with your doctor
- Pinpointing risk factors for illnesses so that we can recommend lifestyle changes and simple ways to reduce your risk, when applicable
A wellness checkup is designed to provide you with the proper medical care and screenings to prevent illness. Of course, when problems arise, early detection is the best option for making sure you get the treatment you need quickly to prevent complications.
For example, if diabetes is detected early on when you’re still in the stages of prediabetes, our doctors can recommend lifestyle modifications that could prevent the condition altogether.
What Happens During a Wellness Exam?
During a wellness exam, several things will occur,
- We will go through your medical history and ask you questions about your medical history and current health
- We will check your vital signs (e.g. heart rate; blood pressure, body mass index)
- We will perform a physical exam
- We will provide advice or counseling for maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- We may administer appropriate immunizations (e.g. flu vaccines) to protect against illness
We may also recommend other screenings such as,
- Cancer screenings (e.g. colorectal, skin cancer)
- Hearing and eyesight
- STD testing
- Women’s health screenings (e.g. Pap smear, HPV testing)
- Cholesterol and blood sugar screening
Give Us a Call!
When was the last time you visited your doctor? If it’s been a while, then it’s time to dial (281) 206–0068 for Rocky Creek Family Medicine in Rocky Creek, TX. Make your health a priority!